Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Advent Calendar Christmas Tree


As a child we had real Christmas trees - but whilst I loved the smell of the needles I was always disappointed in the shape of the tree. As a teenager we graduated to a silver imitation tree with a perfect shape! The tree was always decorated by Mum, me and my brother with decorations that we retained from year to year - in fact I still use a few and I'm now 57! I still use an artificial tree now, and each year I add one new decoration to my collection. I have given each of my five grandchildren a new decoration every year since they were born.
I don't remember any particular traditions with the trimming of the tree - except we put it up early in December. After I was married I put the tree up on the first weekend in December each year. Unfortunately ill-health means I can no longer trim my own tree, so my daughter has been pressed into service to decorate it for me for the past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment